Tuesday, October 28, 2008

move over, giada

 

olivia started eating solids a few weeks ago, and though she's not the hugest fan yet, it's a fun activity to add to our day. so is making the food - a pleasant surprise to me as cooking often stresses me out and ends up with me throwing things around the kitchen. but making baby food has so far proven itself easy and rather enjoyable - satisfying might be the right term. i've been using a cookbook that alan got me and a website recommended by my friend sara to determine what is best to give at this stage and how to prepare it. to me it feels better to know where the food is coming from - much of it i actually made months ago with food from our spring CSA and froze - plus it's a whole lot cheaper than buying pre-made food. 'cuz you know i'd be tempted into buying the organic jarred stuff from whole foods otherwise. and being at home with the babe, I've got no excuse!
Posted by Picasa
Posted by Picasa

No comments: