Friday, February 6, 2009

thank you

in the spirit of acknowledging milestones, i have just realized that it has now been 6 months since i started my lil' business. quite a bit has transpired during that time, including~

...changing the name of my business from oliver. to oliver.handmade, mainly due to the latter being slightly more descriptive (and more successful in a google search!)

...participating in my first 2 craft shows and introducing my line at a local boutique

...changing my onesie source several times, and will likely continue to do so until i find the right affordable, quality, and ethically sound wholesale vendor - not an easy task. any suggestions?

...fulfilling almost 60 etsy orders and perhaps as many private orders (i should know a number...perhaps tackling my bookeeping skills will be on the 1 year list of accomplishments...)

...and most recently, making the dive into the world of designer fabrics:
 

most of the fabric that i use comes from discount bins and thrift shops...and these remain my preferred source, as i love the thrill of finding a great deal or repurposing an awesome shirt or bedsheet. but i just couldn't resist these fabrics - and i got the whole batch for just 13 bucks at this lovely little shop.

starting my own business has been an unexpected adventure and i'm excited to see what the future holds for oliver.handmade. this could not have been possible without the support of all of you, so as a valentine's day treat, i am offering free shipping on all orders, now through feb. 13. to take advantage, don't place your order through etsy but rather take a look at my shop and then convo (through etsy), email me, or leave a comment here with your order.

thanks sooooo much, y'all! and have a marvelous weekend!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: